Monday, March 16, 2009

Exploding Head Syndrome

If you don't know what Exploding Head Syndrome is, click here for a long description from the American Sleep Association. I actually like the explanation on Wikipedia better, as it seems to be more detailed.

I haven't had an Exploding Head Syndrome episode in a couple of months. It has never happened to me on a regular basis, thankfully. When it does happen, though, I hear lots of voices talking at once or some annoyingly loud continuous noise. It gets so loud that I have to wake myself up by making a noise myself!

For any wise-guys out there, the voices are not telling me to do things... they're just talking. Some people speculate that these voices are all your thoughts (prior to falling asleep) jumbled together.

The episodes happen just as I am falling asleep.

1 comment:

  1. I think I've had this before, where I wake up and think something really big just fell or blew up or crashed. I always just thought it was part of my dreams. It's interesting that there is a definition for it. Thanks for sharing!

    ~ Kristi

    ReplyDelete